Thank you Centerpoint Community Church
Last week, we were thrilled to receive a large donation of non-perishable food items from Centerpoint Community Church.
At Helps Outreach our food pantry is one of the many services we provide to our community, however, it is one of the most important. The main focus of our food pantry is to store food donations and then pass them on to people that are in need. In addition to food, we also provide diapers, wipes & personal hygiene products.
How Does Our Food Pantry Work?
Our ability to provide food and personal hygiene items greatly depends on the donations we receive from the community. There are a few different ways the donations get to our doors:
- First-hand food and monetary donations from local community members.
- Grocery stores that donate non-perishable and fresh food items.
- Bulk donations from food drives hosted by local businesses and churches.
Once these donations arrive at our food pantry, our volunteers carefully sort them to make sure they are not damaged, contaminated, or expired. Once they have been sorted we are able to place them out on the shelves and in the refrigerators. Our clients are able to shop for what they need and choose what they like.
Why Our Food Pantry Is Important
The Helps Outreach food pantry is an integral part of our community. When people receive items from our food pantry, the impact goes beyond putting food on the table. Our volunteers treat them with respect and show the love of Christ in every interaction. If we can influence our clients with a simple smile, a kind gesture, and a positive attitude, they will leave our facility feeling accepted and loved.
Why You Should Get Involved . . . . And How!
There are so many reasons to get involved at Helps Outreach!
- We are easy to support! You could organize a food drive, drop off a bag of canned goods every other month, volunteer one day a week, or even give a monetary donation.
- You would be helping a great cause and giving back to our wonderful community here in Naples.
- Your support will make a difference and directly impact local families in need.
Helps Outreach is a big part of our community and our volunteers play an important role in what we do each day. If you would like to get involved with us, visit our Volunteer page or our Donate page for more information.